DOT Consortium Drug Testing
BUY & SCHEDULE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A Consortium/TPA is a service agent that provides or coordinates one or more drug and alcohol testing services. This includes groups of employers who join together to administer the DOT drug and alcohol testing programs of its members. In other words, having a combined random testing pool.
A DOT Consortium is an association of companies or groups of employers that join together, as a single entity, for the purpose of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing of its members.
- Opiates – opium and codeine derivatives
- Amphetamines and methamphetamines
- Phencyclidine – PCP
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Employees
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Employees
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Employees
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Employees
- Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) Employees
Companies that operate commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce must be registered with the FMCSA and must have a USDOT Number. Also, commercial intrastate hazardous materials carriers who haul types and quantities requiring a safety permit must register for a USDOT Number.